Monday, August 7, 2017

The Idiocracy Is Human History's Largest Bubble

We've become Japan - experts at being serial conned dumbfucks...

I conclude that I am in the minority when I say that I don't enjoy the serial roller coaster ride to "nowhere", meaning in fact to a lower final destination than the time before. Unfortunately unlike the old age home we live in, I don't have Alzheimer's, so I always remember the ending.

When I say we are led by history's biggest cadre of know-nothing serial sociopaths, that's a vast understatement:

ZH: Fed Bullard: 'Low Volatility and Low Stress Mean Nothing'




Here is Dow 22,000. Add this to the list of things for bulltards to not worry about:



The rest of the world is still in 2014 and a tad overbought as well:



Japan has been playing the bubble to nowhere game since I was in high school. It's all well and good if you can't remember where you were yesterday. Meet new people every day...




As I mentioned recently, the Bitcoin bubble is tied to the global fake reflation bubble

Hence Bitcoin is tied to EM currencies...



EM currencies are tied to commodities



Hence the S&P 500 is tied to EM currencies, commodities, and Bitcoin...



The Ethereum bubble has already burned out. Fears over the Bitcoin schism led to a vertical ramp in Ethereum. However, now money is rotating out of Ethereum back into Bitcoin just in time for that bubble to implode. 




Speaking of mega bubbles, short-sellers got stopped out of Canadian banks a bit too early.

You know, just like last time. The second mouse gets the cheese as they say...




Meanwhile, the top performing tech stock is the one no one is talking about...



I used to trade Activision back in 2002 when it was the top performing stock then as well. You just have to be aware of when it's rolling over, because it takes everything else down with it. As I recall I wasn't overly aware of that phenomenon at the time.

Weekly, log scale:



Video game companies are a recession play 

Take Two is going parabolic:




Because in a recession, people don't go out to the movies and other external entertainment as much

"I thought it was odd when Amazon took over movie theaters, but I didn't question it at the time"

Regal Entertainment (cinemas):




Imax









"Overnight risk"