Thursday, October 6, 2016

Wall Street Is ALL IN Hillary

Trump's promise to roll back the carried interest giveaway has Wall Street making a one way bet...

"Wall Street is betting on Clinton. The Democratic nominee has pulled in a whopping $58.6 million from finance-related contributors, compared to Trump's $557,480, according to the Center for Responsive Politics."

Spot the dumbfuck logic...

Should Donald Trump shake off his recent slump and pull ahead in the race, the market will fall, according to one analysis of recent trends...A New York Times examination of what might happen to the market during election season, using different methodology, found a Trump victory would trigger a 10 percent to 12 percent drop in the market.

Note to CNBC/NYT: Correlation is not causation...
Since the end of the World War II, when the market fell in the three-month period heading into the election, the incumbent party lost 86 percent of the time, according to Sam Stovall, chief equity strategist at CFRA Research.

As of Thursday afternoon, the FiveThirtyEight "polls-plus" measure of who would win today gives Clinton a 74.8 percent chance of victory to Trump's 25.2 percent

"It’s done. Hillary Clinton is going to beat Donald Trump, handily in the Electoral College, probably by a mid-single-digit percentage in the popular vote."

"Everyone can go home now, we bet it all on Hillary. She can't lose."
The third quarter saw one of the highest inflows on record

Internet fund with cash balances:

"Looking for the last several months at the daily variations ... there's been an inverse correlation between the probability that Trump wins the election and stock prices."