Thursday, April 21, 2016

40 Days And 40 Nights

A man caught in a 100 year flood climbs to the peak of his roof and starts praying. After a while a boat passes by and tells him "jump in". The man refuses - "The Lord will provide". A while longer and a helicopter passes by and lowers a rope to him. The man refuses - "The Lord will provide".

Sure enough the flood rises and sweeps him away. He arrives at the Pearly Gates and upon meeting God, the man says, "I prayed and prayed, but you didn't save me". God says, "I sent a boat and a helicopter, what were you waiting for?"



"Once I stood to lose her when I saw what I had done
Bound down and threw away the hours of her garden and her sun
So I tried to warn her, I turned to see her weep
Forty days and forty nights and it's still coming down on me"