The darkest form of evil always comes falsely packaged as something "good"...
This Ukraine situation shows that NeoCon buffoons still haven't given up running around telling the world how to run its local affairs. They still somehow believe that Uncle Sam is the last defender of "Freedom" (that's trademarked *freedom*, not to be confused with the real version). You have to laugh. The only morons who believe that bullshit are the ever-dwindling number of demented geriatrics who haven't stepped outside the U.S. in the past 50 years and have been watching Faux News 24x7. The NSA situation of course is just the latest example proving that the U.S. government doesn't respect the rights of its own citizens much less people outside of the U.S. Therefore, trust plays no part in this entire equation.
Uncle Sam's credibility in overseas matters has been systematically squandered over the course of decades:
- The CIA orchestrated a coup of Iran's democratically elected government in order to reinstall the Western-aligned Shah of Iran, at the behest of the oil industry (aka. British Petroleum)
"In 1953 the United States played a significant role in orchestrating the overthrow of Iran's popular Prime Minister, Mohammad Mosaddegh. The Eisenhower Administration believed its actions were justified for strategic reasons; but the coup was clearly a setback for Iran's political development. And it is easy to see now why many Iranians continue to resent this intervention by America in their internal affairs."
- Carpet bombing women and children for 10 years straight using cluster bombs, napalm, Agent Orange and every other unholy device invented by the Pentagon, all to support the corrupt crony capitalist South
- Then, cut and run in 1975. A colossal waste of human life, money and environmental resources.
- First install Saddam Hussein
- Support him throughout the Iran War, providing him with access to chemical weapons
Post Gulf War/Iraq Invasion
- Hang him for atrocities he committed during the 1980s while supported by the U.S.
- Assist the Mujahadeen to drive out the Soviets
- Support Bin Laden
- Support the Taliban
- 180 degree reversal
Here is a Who's who of despotic and oppressive regimes supported by the U.S. government, in addition to the above:
Mobuto Seso Seke, Congo
(Too many to list), Pakistan
It goes on and on, the full list is here. It would be easier to list the crony capitalist dictators NOT supported by the U.S., because I don't know that there are any.
To Serve and Protect Multinational Corporations
All of this is not to say that Russia doesn't support despotic regimes as well, not the least being its own. And the Chinese government makes no apology that they will support literally any government anywhere as long as it supports their economic interests. However, the speciously packaged lies and fantasy narrative underlying the NeoCon "Pax Americana" policy are mass delusional, bordering on psychotic. Pretending to be the exact opposite of one's true intentions is the deepest form of evil. Had they just come out and declared their true agenda i.e. to extend and protect multinational corporate interests in every corner of the globe, the NeoCons would not have commanded any more respect, however, they would at least have a vestige of credibility. Today, they have neither.
Might is Right
The Faux News sponsored policy may well be "Pax Americana", but the reality-based policy is the velvet fist known as "Might is Right". Of course, everyone knows that, except for the self-delusional NeoCon psychopaths running around still pretending otherwise.